Find
Notify
Tools

What is the next step?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Over the past few weeks we have had discussions about the future of hunting and the various threats to its continued existance.

Let's see how many folks actually are concerned about the future of hunting and how many have resigned themselves to the demise of hunting.

Question:
What are your real feeling concerning the future of hunting in America?

Choices:
I believe the battle is already lost and it is only a matter of time.
I believe that hunting in some form will always exist.
I do not believe that hunting is as threatened as some folks think.

Question:
How willing are you to make an effort to work at trying to ensure our future generations have the ability to hunt?

Choices:
I don't believe that anything can be done to save hunting.
I would like to, but just don't have the time.
I am willing to make the commitment to try and save hunting.
I really don't care because I think we will always be able to hunt.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The biggest problem is the "face" of hunting in America. All these idiots on TV and the "hunters" that act like them are making it very difficult for true hunters to be viewed in a positive light. Hunting is going to soon be a highly regulated sport of the wealthy. We need to get back to the basics. Every animal is a trophy. We should be proud yet humble when we kill an animal. Not jumping around like a raccoon on meth and redbull after we "lay the smack down" on a animal like these fools on TV. Is this what we want non hunters seeing. Or do we want them meeting "hunters" that act just like them.

We then have the money aspect. The days gaining of access without paying are now about gone. Now access goes to the highest bidder. Then you cannot be happy with a 80 or two. You gotta lease up as much land as possible so nobody else can shoot "your" deer. The obsession with getting "your" trophy whatever is just getting disgusting. I have seen so much unethical to illegal crap pulled in the quest for a "trophy". For Christs sake it is a live animal that you are killing give it some respect don't reduce it to a score. The antis eat this crap up. It is fuel for their fire. The worst part is the hunters that get hurt are the ones that are going to play by rules that may come around because of the antis complaints. Where we can hunt will be more controlled so more hunters will be squeezed onto to even less public ground. Won't effect those that can afford to lease.

So what is the next step? Well hunting will always be around. But the days of true hunters are numbered. We will be replaced killers that view animals as a score for the record books that they will do anything and spend lots of money to get that score.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How willing are you to make an effort to work at trying to ensure our future generations have the ability to hunt?

That's a question I've always had a problem with.

Our late great president Teddy Roosevelt made sure we'd always have land and animals.
Hunting is right and Lord help us if we turn out like Europe.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote