THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Finished up with speer 180 gr RN's for 30/06 and pigs.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished up with speer 180 gr RN's for 30/06 and pigs.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks,

I have been asking a fair few questions about different bullets lately and I had settled on the 190 gr hornady, however I needed 5 boxes and the shop did not have them so I have purchased 5 boxes of speer 180gr Round Noses for my mate and I in our 30/06's (250 each).

Who has used this bullet and how did it go on game quick expander or a slow expander, will it be adequate out to our max ranges of 250-300 yards ??

Thanks PC.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone had any luck with these ??

one of us
posted Hide Post
I havn't used the round nose but the 180gr. Speer spitzer havn't left any deer or elk standing, the round nose will work the same. They don't penatrate like a Nosler partition but they kill.

Posts: 382 | Location: Lewiston, Idaho--USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

thanks for that, I have had little to do with speer bullets. They should work on pigs if they work on elk !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that shoots deer with them and has for years and he apparantly likes them. Most RN bullets work well.

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used a lot of 180 gr Spitzer Hot Cores in my 300 Win on African Plains game, and they seem to work quite well.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry well if you have the confidence to use them in Africa, then for a few dirty old pigs they will work well !! I think the RN & flat noses kill game very well at normal shooting ranges.