Find
Notify
Tools

Whitetail regulations
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,

I would need some information about your whitetail hunting practices in the US for a project I�m working on. I�ve heard that muzzleloaders and bow hunters can start their whitetail season earlier than other hunters there.

Are there any other differences between regulations concerning muzzleloader/bowhunters and other hunting? Does this concern handgun hunters also? What are the whitetail hunting seasons for muzzleloaders/bowhunters and other hunters, or are they different depending on the state?
I�d really appreciate all info. Thank you.

JTH, Finland

Posts: 217 | Location: Finland | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Here is a web site from my home state where you might find some good information. http://gf.state.wy.us/

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They vary greatly from state to state here in Wis. bow season starts in early Sept. goes into Jan. rifle season runs for 9 days in Nov. We have some early 4 day hunts in oct for does only with fire arms Muzzle loaders have a week after firearm season. pistols are use during regular firearm season. Due a search for Wis.DNR and you'll get all kinds of info.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JTH,

You will find every possible sequence of seasons and varying rules on whether "primitive" arms may be used during centerfire seasons.

Go straight to the source -- huntinfo.org and it will lead you to all 50 official state websites.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the Alberta government site

Alberta Hunting Site

I hope this helps you.

Graylake

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Here's the site for New York State's regulations:

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/wildlife/guide/hunting.html

Send me an e-mail or PM if you need any additional information.

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote