Notify
Tools

Gotcha!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nine cited for shooting at decoy elk
By Gazette News Services

JACKSON - Nine people were cited this month for shooting at a bull elk decoy that was used in a sting operation by the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.

The decoy was set up along a roadway - visible from the road - north of Pinedale in elk area 95. Jackson/Pinedale Game Warden Coordinator Scott Werbelow said 62 vehicles passed the decoy during daylight hours on Oct. 1, two weeks before the area opened for elk hunting.

"We don't use decoys a lot," Werbelow said. "But we have certain problem areas where they are pretty effective, and this is one of those areas."

Nine hunters shot at the decoy and were cited for various offenses, including shooting from the roadway, taking elk from a vehicle, taking elk during a closed season, taking elk without a license and transfer of a license. If convicted on all counts, the fines would total more than $7,600.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Wont it be interesting to see how folks respond when law enforcement starts setting up wolf decoys.....
"shoot, shovel, shut up (and dont bend over to pick up the soap while serving the prison sentence)".....heee..heee...heeee....

stir........

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep stirring! clap

Fortunetly the Wy G&F don't care about it, otherwise they would do it! dancing

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote