THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    The Greatest Hunter of our time is gone

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Greatest Hunter of our time is gone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Texas has lost a legend. That word, "legend" is often over used in this day and age. Any hunter who is published in a magazine, anyone who can drive fast and turn left is a "legend", but Bob was a true living breathing hunting legend. If you hunt in Texas or pretty much anywhere in North America that uses conservation, you stand on Bob's shoulders.

Bob worked as a Game Warden and Biologist on the YO Ranch, back when it was a real ranch. Bob helped to push the idea that Whitetail Does need to be killed also. He was met with much resistance when a lot of ranchers of the day didn't want to kill the "mother deer". Only Gillespie, Kerr and Mason Counties allowed Bob's ideas to be pushed forward. Now, pretty much all counties have some sort of deer management based on Bob's work way back in the 1950's.

Bob rattled up over 1000 bucks in his life. If you rattle horns in TX, you stand on his shoulders. He taught the TTHA how it was done. He napped the arrowheads worn by astornauts on the moon, he knew James Michener and Elmer Kelton. He knew the famous Newton Boys when they were robbing banks in South Texas. He knew why the great Russian Boar were found in TX. He was a great Aggie, he was a great Hunter, he was a great man.

If you hunt in Texas today, you stand on Bob Ramsey's shoulders. All honor to the Cowboy, Rancher and Hunter who at 94+ years of age has gone on before us.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The greatest hunter of our time has gone on. Bob Ramsey passed away at the age of 94. If you hunt in TX or most of North America, you stand on his shoulders. If you rattle horns, blow a varmint call or believe that camoflage is not completely necessary, you stand on Bob's shoulders. A great Aggie, a veteran, biologist and the best hunter I have ever had the honor of hunting with, Bob Ramsey passed away today.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your friends passing, sounds like he had a long life enjoying the great outdoors

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
May he rest in peace.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

spoken like a true outlaw rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Interesting you mentioned the YO "when it was a real ranch". I was just complaining to someone about my call not getting returned by a YO employee and how that would not have happened when Charlie 3 was alive.....

Nice tag line by the way as I think Mr. Keen would agree.