Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona and Barnes update...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
I spoke with Ty Herring at Barnes the other day regarding their formal position on USO. He stated that they are still investigating the whole situation and want to make sure all of their facts are correct before making a statement.

He said that they have been in direct communication with Arizona game and fish to learn more about the situation. What he stated to me was that the AZ game and fish may have brought some of this on themselves. They are suppose to distribute 10% of the tags to nonresidents according to their own system but were apparently only distributing up to 6%. That being stated from AZ game and fish.

Therefore, Barnes, who is trying to support hunting to the best of it's ability and stay neutral, has not rendered a position as of yet.

Before anyone gets mad at the post or wants to label me as a hearsay king, I'm sorry, but I wanted to repeat what Mr. Herring stated to me. If anyone disagrees, I suggest doing what Barnes has done and ask AZ game and fish. That is what I intend to do come Monday afternoon.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Quote:

They are suppose to distribute 10% of the tags to nonresidents according to their own system but were apparently only distributing up to 6%. That being stated from AZ game and fish.

Doubt very much that anyone at the AZG&FD stated the above. That sounds more like information Taulman or Montoya might provide.

The rule reads that NRs may receive NO MORE THAN 10% of the tags, not that they will automatically get 10% of the tags.

Idaho's rule for controlled hunts reads similarly. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Ok, well, we should make Ty aware of this.