New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unusual drilling!?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Years ago I’ve heard a story from an old hunter (who in early seventies ordered a custom made drilling from Ferlach, Austria, aprox. 35 000 DM at that time) about unusual drilling. Apparently, it was made in 9.3x74, 9.3x74, and 22 Hornet or something similar, but other way around; two big bores at the bottom and small one at the top. Rifle looked at the first moment as O/U; 9.3 barrels were very close, on top of the barrels were two Kersten locks and 22 barrel between them, and under the barrels two Pardy locks (I think that others call them “underbitesâ€). Please forgive me if I use wrong wording. Anyhow, the argument is that with such combination the locking between barrel and receiver is considerably stronger than with any other combination.

Anybody has any info about this drilling, did such gun ever existed or it was just somebody’s pipe dream?

Thanks, Onty.

Posts: 158 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My old Cartridges of the World has drawings of the various combinations ,every combination you could think of !!From one to 4 barrels.What you have is called a shienendrilling [at least for rifle with two shotgun barrels].

one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.tjf-jagdwaffen.de/

In combos every combination is possible - up to even 5 barrels. Look at the link, this gunsmith has Schienendrillings (also called Waldläufer) and the very rare Büchsflintenwaldläufer (2 different riflesbarrels and a shotgun barrel with the smaler riflebarrel on top.

Posts: 438 | Location: Germany | Registered: 15 June 2003Reply With Quote