Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith for a drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
My brother's Sauer Drilling has a problem; it seems one of the shotgun barrels won't fire. Anyone know if there is a gunsmith with experience on double guns or drillings in the San Francisco area?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Not in San Francisco, but just north of there in Bend, Oregon is Keith Kearcher. Great double gun gunsmith. I've used him for a number of projects and repairs and can recommend him witout reservation. Here's his website: http://members.toast.net/keithkearcher/

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Paladin 56
posted Hide Post
You may also want to try Jack Rowe. He was born in England and got into gunsmithing when he was 14. He is now 74 and lives in Enid, Oklahoma. Phone 580-233-5942 or e-mail jrowe@ionet.net He sometimes teaches at the Murray State College in Tishamingo, Ok and another school in NC. He only works on European and English guns as far as I know.

DRSS member

Do what you can with what you've got where you are. TR

Posts: 82 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 17 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recommend JJ Perodeau at Champlin Arms in Enid Oklahoma.
In fact he has my drilling at the shop right now.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations. Knowing my brother (who is a little less gun oriented than I) it will probably sit in his safe until my next visit. Probably the firing pin is stuck on some gunk or something simple. The rifle barrel in 8X57 JRS is pitted but of course still shoots OK for close range stuff and it's a nice gun.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Lee LeBau in Carson City, Nevada is about 3-1/2 hours from San Francisco and specializes in working on drillings.

L & L Enterprises
5775 Old US Hwy 395 N
Carson City, NV 89704
Ph 775-841-3069
www.learmes.com

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote