Find
Notify
Tools

Case quandry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Folks,

I recently decided that my lovely Sauer Drilling actually deserved a decent storage and transit case.

A quick search revealed there was nothing that had the necessary style and function on general retail in the UK. Further investigation showed an Italian manufacturer providing a range of size & finish options, with the case actually partitioned for a Drilling c/w scope etc.

I ordered, and a week later was in receipt of a very slim and attractive case. Anthracite in colour with a red velvet liner - the Sauer is now living in the style it needs.

I'm impressed and would recommend the range to anyone who buys a Drilling - and who feels it really should not be stored in a shotgun slip, while the scope lives in a spare sock!! Smiler

The mobile phone should give you an idea of size - this really is perfectly fitted to the dimensions of a 24" barreled gun.

http://www.negrinisrl.com/

Rgds

Ian Smiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking case, Ian.

What barrel lengths are available?

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hiya Bruce,

Looks like they go to a max barrel length of 78cm. Edit - actually, make that 32".

The site is a little hard to navigate - clicking on the 'shop' then 'express' gives access to drop down options that are more detailed:

http://www.negrinishop.com/mec...091021_131203_6204_7

Enjoy!

Rgds

Ian Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice case - would it be tough enough for airline use?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep - though not as bomb-proof as a Peli for instance, it is still plenty tough enough for 'normal' airline usage & about 1/16th the weight.

We all know that if the baggage gorilla is seriously pissed, there is little that will not suffer some amount of damage.

Rgds

Ian