New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti combination gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can those wiser than me fill me in on the pros and cons of the Sabatti combination gun?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WITH THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE YOU GOT TO YOUR QUIRY MAYBE YOU'D BE BETTER OFF WITH A KNOWN BRAND ? A SAVAGE / STEVENS / VALMET/ TIKKA ???

SOMEONE WILL KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ONE OF THEM <

SABATTI SEEMS AS YET UNDISCOVERED HERE

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sabbatis varie in quality but are here in Sweden seen as beeing of poor quality, they sometimes makes a good gun and others that just shouldn´t have left the shop.

One big flaw is that they at times shoot to different Poi with the shot barrel and rifled barrel

That is not ok in my book.

To buy a Sabbati there are only one option, demand a test shoot, then if all else is OK, then you can sign the deal.

In sweden one is so much better of with a Tikka M77 or the Valmets that are offered.

Should one take another step up and get a used Blaser or Merkel or Saur and Sohn then you are talking about useful guns, preferably with a swingmount attached.

Best regards Chris..

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no first hand experience with Sabatti but handled some of their combos and bolt guns at the SHOT show. The combos I handled were in .222 Rem. Mag./12ga and 7x65/12ga. They looked like well made pieces to me, along the lines of a Zoli. I speak zero Italian and the Italian gentlemen in the booth didn't speak much English but I was able to understand that they have no U.S. importer and were hoping to make connections for future importation. They were kind enough to give me one of the few catalogs they had and I'd like to see someone bring them in although I doubt we'd see the more interesting calibers they offer on these shores.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
trepur,could I suggest a CZ as an alternative? Like the Sabatti they are inexpensive. However CZ make quality combination guns. My friend has an over and under 12guage/.243 It is a fantastic gun, shoots like a dream either as a shotgun or withe the rifle barrel.

the nut behind the butt

Posts: 135 | Location: Somerset | Registered: 15 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The gunshop where I bought my S-2 Blaser had a few Sabatti combos and single shots. You know they make a variaty of double rifles, drillings, single shot rifles, bolt guns, and over under shotguns.

I wouldn't own one, they aren't of sufficient quality.

If your going to spend $2500 on a gun why not spend another $1000 and get a Heym, Merkel, or Blaser.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the way I went. It takes a little longer to get the cash together, but at the end of it, as previously said, you have a useful gun.
My BBF 95 Blaser, is probably the single most useful (and used) gun in my inventory.

JMHO, but either get a quality, inexpensive gun like a CZ (here in OZ around $1200) or a real cheapie like a Baikal ($650), or maybe look for a good, used Tikka (around the $500 or so mark) which may well come already set up.
Worth a try?

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the replies to my enquiry. Information is hard to come by at times but this site is at least blessed with knowledgeable contributors. I'll stick with the Tikka 12g/222Rem.