THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    How many drillings / combination guns are ejectors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many drillings / combination guns are ejectors
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ihavent handled many combos / drillings, but all that I have seen are non ejectors. Are many ejectors? And if so are they ejectors for all the barrels?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
49 looks and no comments - does any body have an ejector drilling - are they made?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear they exist, but I've never seen one, and I've seen A LOT of combo guns.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, they do exist. I bought a 16x16/8x57jr at a Ohio Gun Collectors Show in early 1970's. Sold it for a good profit to an older gun collector from Charlotsville , VA. It was a nicely engraved box lock.The gun seemed a little heavy which I attributed to the ejectors.

Posts: 22 | Location: Tennessee/Kentucky Border | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the topic of extractors, can someone tell me what is going on here:

It looks as if there is an ejector/second extractor Confused, below the extractor, that acts on the lower barrel only. The firearm is for sale here

Posts: 46 | Location: Australia | Registered: 27 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gun_Barrel_Ecologist:
On the topic of extractors, can someone tell me what is going on here:

It looks as if there is an ejector/second extractor Confused, below the extractor, that acts on the lower barrel only. The firearm is for sale here

I think it is extractor only, the bottom extending further than the top extractor so the shell is easier to grab and remove. I could be wrong though as I have never seen one quite like that.

Most extract all three shells at same time with no extra extended extractors, and I've never had an issue removing unfired or fired cases.

All drillings I have seen are extractor only.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ithink it is extractor only, the bottom extending further than the top extractor so the shell is easier to grab and remove.

That's exactly what it is... it raises the rifle cartridge slightly...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DM:
quote:
ithink it is extractor only, the bottom extending further than the top extractor so the shell is easier to grab and remove.

That's exactly what it is... it raises the rifle cartridge slightly...

DM

Thanks guys. I'd never seen anything like it either, perhaps it is a Ferlach embellishment seldom seen elswhere?

Posts: 46 | Location: Australia | Registered: 27 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's pretty much std. on newer Krieghoff drillings...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sauer 3000s came this way starting in the 1950s. It was one of their selling features.

I have a 1955 3000 LUX drilling in 16/6.5X57R with the same type of set up.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have seen this a set up for a non-rimmed cartridge.

Posts: 1313 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I discovered last night I have a JPSauer from 1937 that is an ejector gun. It also has a silver plated frame. 16/ 16/8x57

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Winchester Model 101, 12ga/.30-06. The .30-06 barrel is ejector while the 12 ga barrel is extractor. Have had the gun in Africa where it has been used on guinea fowl, frankolin, and wart hogs. It has an accurate return-to-zero detatchable scope. Very useful and versatile firearm. Have also used it for caribou, deer, ducks, doves, etc.

Eagle One

DRSS
SCI Life
NRA Benefactor
SASS Life
RSA '09, '10, '11, '12; Botswana '10, Mocambique '11, '12

Posts: 80 | Location: Colo Spgs, CO & Sterkrivier, RSA | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I have a Franz Sodia 16 x 7x57R that has ejectors on both barrels. JJ at Chamlin just made me some scope rings for it.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Merkel BBF 16/7x57R is an ejector model, and that is handy with the other set of 16/16 barrels.

Posts: 234 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote