New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Old Drilling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bid the minimum opening bid on this and was fortunate enough to win the auction. The guard bow repair is minimal, and some scratches don't bother me. I'll use it to hunt hogs over the hill in CA in heavy brush. The stock is sound, it appears, and it doesn't look abused over all.

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/View....aspx?Item=266589200

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good find - well done. It clearly has some history - shame these old guns can't talk as there will be stories to tell, but it's in the sort of condition that you can use it as the makers intended and doubtless add a few more stories to it as well.

The trouble with a pristine gun is you have to be the first to put a mark on it and that always painful.

Have fun and happy hunting!

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL...YES it is; when we get a pristine gun we don't seem to use it.

When I was a young guy I had to have a 300 Weatherby and saved all summer working a second job to buy it. That fall I was deer hunting in NW Nevada near Stone Corral...table land country. I was working the top edge of a butte and saw a big buck hop over just ahead of me. There was a skiff of snow on the ground, and I stepped on a patch of grass with snow on the steep slope. I sat right down on my new MK V and slid 6' down the mountain, sitting on it. CRYBABY

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice buy Bruce.

If that would have been a 16ga, you would have had some company in the bidding.

rudyc

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 16s are trimmer, for sure, but I needed one in 12ga. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn Bruce, you really have it bad for Drillings! Smiler

How many now?

Rgds

Ian Smiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HELLO IAN! Smiler

I got up to seven, but I'm in a terrible drought with only three. Frowner

I need several essential ones, still. I'll have to salve myself with two BBFs and two cape guns for now. CRYBABY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...am I sick? ...do I need intervention?? Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
A 12x12x9,3x74R, just might be the best calbre/guage choice for a drilling.

Add a 1.1-4X scope with an illuminated reticle and it would be perfect.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luv2safari:
...am I sick? ...do I need intervention?? Confused

Yeah... But Dammit the rest of us have it too!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote