New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimmerman Einstecklauf (Insert Barrel)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a source now in Germany where I can buy a Zimmerman Einstechlauf in a variety of calibers for my combos and drillings. Here is the link to their insert barrel page:

http://www.zimmermann-ohg-der-...ialist.de/40623.html

These are the full-length inserts that go into a shotgun barrel. They have adjustments at the muzzle for point of impact changes. They are available in a variety of calbers from .22RF through some pretty large calibers. I have a Valmet 412S with a variety of barrels. One is them is a 12 over 7X65R. I'm toying with getting a 7X65R insert for the upper barrel to make it into a double rifle. Also, I would also like a .22 Hornet barrel for my 16 gauge and 8X57JR drilling. The larger calibers should be restricted to a strong action like the Valmet, but the small calibers such as Hornet should be fine in a shotgun barrel. I have checked with ATF and the insert barrels can be approved for purchase by nonlicensed individuals for personal, sporting use only, not for resale by getting approval on a Form 6. The good thing is that I can buy them for about 70% of retail from the German firm I have an account with. I can't order them in for resale, but there might be a way I could arrange for my discount, but have each individual complete his own Form 6 to import the barrels if anyone is interested. I will plan on having to pay an 11% excise tax and about 3% customs duty. Shipping is pretty cheap at about 30 Euros. Even at a discount they are still not cheap with the current dollar/Euro exchange rate. I don't want to buy a lemon. My question is does anyone have any experience with this brand of insert such as quality of the item, accuracy, etc. Also, for the link page I can understand intuitively about the calibers and prices, but I am not sure what the bottom of the page is about. Can anyone translate?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for shareing sounds interesting. I have'nt used these but they look decint judgeing by the photos I can ask a gunmaker friend of mine in Bavaria he will know.

What question do you have about the website. It's mostly just a discription and pricelist. The prices don't look to bad ether but I have'nt looked at the exchange rate lately.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have used these and they are very accurate. But some require the extractor on the host weapon to be machined to accept the ESTL extractor and an initial "fitting" by a smith. What I don't see on the site is whether these ESTL are "VVV"(von vorne Verstellbar) meaning they can be adjusted from the front....or whether they must be removed to adjust the POI.

Posts: 1313 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the upper part of the page are gauge and caliber and price list. But what is the lower list on that page? What is

3-Schuß-Trefferbild 58,00

Also, there is a "Kontact" link on the company's website. Would someone who speaks German ask them about the units being adjustable while in place?

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
3-Schuß-Trefferbild 58,00

Means there is a 58Eu charge to have a 3 shot pattern done after installation.

I'd be happy to call with questions...if needed...or write with a list of questions.

Posts: 1313 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got a reply back from Gerry who is a US citizen living in Germany. He has a Zimmerman insert in his drilling. Here is his reply:

"Yes, the Zimmermann inserts adjsut from the muzzle with 4 hex screws - Left/Right - Upper/Lower and it is with a 1.3mm Hex.

The extractor is fitted over the existing Combo of Drilling extratrr and is affixed w/a T-5 Torx screw.

I also sugesst a aluminium insert punch similar to tubed shotguns; the final 3/4" of an inch inserting the barrel insert is a VERY tight fit."

That's good to know. I'm going to order one and try it.