New
Find
Notify
Tools

An improvement to a Greener Safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm not a fan of a Greener safey, mostly because I'm left handed. But this Sauer 12/12/.30/06 drilling is light and accurate. So I designed and had a gunsmith implement an improvement to the Greener safety which permit easy access to the safety with my left thumb. I asked that the extension be attached with a screw to the existing safety button. I think that the extension was installed with a screw from the outside and locktighted in place, then checkered. It works as designed.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good customization job! I have trouble using Greener safeties and I am right handed! My old pre-war Sauer drilling has a similar modification, and is easy to use.

Posts: 233 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That modification makes them fast and handy to use. Cool

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a more elegant solution:

http://members.gunsinternation...ic=100231819-8-L.jpg

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VOL717.. That is a very cool safety. Where can one get this installed? I have two drillings that would benefit for that adaptation

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first safety add-on can be done by almost any good smith. JJ at Champlains is a good choice. Briley could also do it. Only a few could do the more elegant button. One possibility is Mike Merker in NC. Go on guns international.com and do a search for Mmriflemakers. mike may hate me if he is inundated with these jobs but he can do it. Beware of how your safety slot is oriented. The
latter slot is horizontal. My Sauer's slot is more vertical. That will change the arc of the button's travel and affect the ergonomics.