THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM COMBINATION GUNS AND DRILLINGS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Combination Guns And Drillings    Anyone with experience in Disassembly on greener action drillings?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with experience in Disassembly on greener action drillings?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a drilling in my shop with a greener crossbolt style action. I have taken all the tang screws and trigger plate scres out as well as the side safety lever. The trigger plate starts to come of but is stuck on something so cannot get the action of the stock. Anyone have ideas?

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a definite answer, but some must have the hammers back (cocked) to come apart...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If all else fails....get an X-ray of the offending area....should show where metal might be binding.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DM, I had a feeling it was to do with the hammers and your thoughts make me more sure on this one. I will keep you updated when I get back into work and see if that helps.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DM, you were correct. Thanks for your imput gentlemen.

Curtis