Find
Notify
Tools

ZIM: Age restrictions/lion quotas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brad,

As usual...you are the shit-stirrer. Yes...I did read it.

I stated in my post that I did not get the same take as Mich did but if that was the case...it would not be good...and...would re-read.

All of us commended Zim on its efforts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36764 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Read the letter I had posted above below the OP's post. You will see in that letter where Mich gets his opinion that the aging will be based on pics.

We need to work on that!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36764 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem, apology accepted, glad I could point you guys in the right direction. tu2

Posts: 5179 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
No problem, apology accepted, glad I could point you guys in the right direction. tu2

faint

Mich, Aaron, & I were waiting on an apology from you...you were the one that was wrong.

Mich wrote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
I note they intend to age using photos only..... Confused

You (Brad) wrote:

quote:
quote:
originally posted by Bwanamich:
I note they intend to age using photos only..... Confused

Where Do you "note" that from?
quote:
Lions would be aged by triangulating multiple different aging characteristics, including: the degree of facial scarring; the teeth colour and degree of wear; the mane development
(particularly regarding the shape around the ear and the mohawk); and through post mortem analysis of the width of the pulp cavity of the second premolar (which becomes narrower with age).

quote:
Export permits for trophies will not be issued unless completed hunt return forms (all of the required photographs and the first upper premolar is provided to ZPWMA for aging and monitoring purposes). Furthermore, because the following year’s quotas will be based on the ages of the lions hunted in the current year, operators must submit their lion hunt returns and photographs soon after the hunt. At the end of the season, all of the teeth would be taken to a dentist to have x-rays conducted to allow for measurement of the size of the pulp cavity.

I later wrote:

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Brad,

Read the letter I had posted above below the OP's post. You will see in that letter where Mich gets his opinion that the aging will be based on pics.

We need to work on that!

Here is the letter for you...read below.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 5179 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
rotflmo

At least you did not try to speak this this time. I agree rolling on the floor is more fitting for you. Cool

J. Lane Easter, DVM