Interesting auction ended-
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
sold for $152.50/16 bids-

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seen that, I bid on it just to take it off and install it on a mauser but didn't when because I'm cheap. I haven't seen one in years, but did pick up a couple about 5 years ago. Just the sight not with a striker. I heard they used to be common, but I don't see them very often. Here's the last one I installed.

Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's been a few over the last 3 months or so. One slipped by for under a hundred. I have one, have bought three. Some don't dovetail but have a cap that is fixed over the cocking piece, a neater install, I think.

That sight in the auction is kind of beat up, but as it is already mounted it might be an interesting accessory for a Krag.

Yours above is clean&neat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
about a year or so ago i sold one in much rougher shape than that on ebay for $125, then bought a nicer one on gunbroker for the same amount about an hour later. i guess i need to figure out what parts box its hiding in.

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that the added weight of those things will slow down the already slow locktime of the Mauser even slower. Can't help accuracy.
It would be much better if they were mounted on or part of the bolt shrould itself.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Seems to me that the added weight of those things will slow down the already slow locktime of the Mauser even slower. Can't help accuracy.
It would be much better if they were mounted on or part of the bolt shrould itself.

Good point. I like them because they're interesting machinery Smiler

My father-in-law had one mounted on a M-S specifically to compete in a particular iron sight shooting game.

I've seen some bolt shroud peep sights, some are clunky and others ingenious, but, it's "the eye of the beholder".

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I got mine from http://www.prechtl-waffen.de years ago.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty Marlin makes a killer rendition of rhe Rigby style, also.