New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enfield P14 .303 barrel?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Win. P14 action and cut-down "sporterized" Enfield stock. I would like to install a standard .303 barrel, either new or used. Does anyone know where I might get one? Thank you.

Jon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holt's Auctioneers in England have a few of these in their sales each month as COMPLETE RIFLES. Sometimes with the original 303 barrel and sometimes with a replacement 308 barrel.

I always had a hankering to re-chamber one of those 308 barrels to 300 H & H and make use of the old 303 bolt (and magazine) being just about "right" to accept a 300 H & H shape case!

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
Holt's Auctioneers in England have a few of these in their sales each month as COMPLETE RIFLES. Sometimes with the original 303 barrel and sometimes with a replacement 308 barrel.

I always had a hankering to re-chamber one of those 308 barrels to 300 H & H and make use of the old 303 bolt (and magazine) being just about "right" to accept a 300 H & H shape case!

I had one in .311 Norma Magnum. Very easy conversion.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote