New
Find
Notify
Tools

scopes
 Login/Join

<bullseye>
posted
Who makes Cabelas scopes for them?Are they any good?

<David Boren>
posted
Ive heard they are "ok" scopes. Nothing bad against them, then again, I havent heard anything that great about them, either. I think you'd be better off spending the extra cash and getting a Leupold. They are the best scope for the money.

<1GEEJAY>
posted
Look into the Zeiss Conquest scopes.They are assembled in the USA,to save import taxes.Zeiss quality at a lower price.I just purchased one.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
I bought one. Never held zero. After a couplr trips up and downriver it had parts rattling around inside. Cheap Chinese crap.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At one time or another many of us kid ourselves in regards to cheap optics. Just save yourself the hassles and buy a Leupold.

Regards PC

------------------

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Daryl Elder>
posted
It's hard to convince people, but paying for a Swarovski (Austrian made) and Ziess (German made) is money well spent. The warranty and quality make them logical choices. In this life, you get what you pay for and this is certainly true in optics.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's scopes are POS.I had one for one day and returned it.They are not worth a dime.IMHO

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look hard at Burris....I've got both handgun and rifle models. Very reasonably priced and VERY durable. Optics? Excellent in spite of their price. Oh yeah, I've got a Zeiss Diavari....earlier US made model. Excellent scope......but not any better than my Burris. Gary.

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote