Find
Notify
Tools

New Gun - needs open sights
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted
I am in the process of purchasing a CZ 550 American in 9.3x62mm. It's going to need some sturdy open sights. The simpler the better, maybe something like Ruger is putting on the African model. Any suggestions?

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I personally like the NECG sights. I like the little island rear with either a single fixed blade or one fixed, one folding. Up front either the banded or screw on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, the NECG single blade, elevation screw adj., island sight is a good one, they also offer one that is screw adj. for windage as well. Banded front sight is good selection as well. I know a lot of folks use the fiber optics "bead" type, but that bead is not that sturdy if bumped. I changed mine out for a simple brass colored insert and works fine and is more durable.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The NEC rear sights are great,the NEC banded front sights and the fiber optic beads are good for old, tired eyes, the windowed front sight hood protects the bead while allowing sufficient light for illumination and looks really nice. The sights are easy to install, PM me for more info.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep NEGC
makes some nice looking sights that would be great on that rifle.
I will put some on my Small ring mexican mauser one I get a couple other projects done and paid for...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
look into fiber-optics front and rear,they hold up fine on shotguns and muzzeloaders. Eeker
they are and Eyeopener ,regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote