THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    .270 140gr. Failsafe Ballistics ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.270 140gr. Failsafe Ballistics ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Shot my new, used Savage .270 today with Winchester 140gr. failsafes. It really liked them, so good I was stunned with the group size.
I'd like to develope a handload to match this performance, but didn't set up my chrony. Does anyone have an idea what fps I might be getting from a 22" barrell? Can't find any ballistics on the Winchester site! Thanks.

Posts: 392 | Location: Western Massachusetts | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
My ballistics program shows factory load data for Winchester Supreme 140 grain Fail Safe with a Muzzle Velocity of 2920 fps. With a 22" tube you're probably at 2850 to 2900 fps depending on fast your barrel is.

Without guns we are subjects (or victims), with guns we are citizens

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
You might like to try the 140gr. Accubonds for your 270. Mine sure liked them (T3 270WSM)

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote