THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Trigger adjustment on new 700 Mil Spec

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger adjustment on new 700 Mil Spec
 Login/Join

<5-R>
posted
Finally picking up my new 700 next week and have questions on trigger pull adjustment:

1. what weight does it come from the factory?
2. what weight is generally preferred [I know this is really subjective...but let me know what are you all set at and why]?
3. If I want to adjust it, should I and how [there must be a "how to" somewhere on this forum]?

I'm pretty excited about this one as it is my first new centerfire rifle in about seven years. I'm stocked up on primers and Varget, I've ordered 100 Lapua and 100 Winchester cases, 500 175 gr SMK's (and some Barnes 160's for fun), Harris 9-13" swivel bipod, Warne bases and rings...[and a BSA 6-24x scope for about $85]. I know, I know...ya get what ya pay for. I just was having a hard time forking over 5 to 10 times that amount for optics at this time. If it craps out or whatever, I'll save up for something better down the road.

Thanks for any help and comments...

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 700 trigger is pretty easy to adjust (just do a search on this forum) and my prefered weight is 2-3 pounds. I have no idea what the factory sets them at (heavy comes to mind). FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote