THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    NIB Pre-64 Win 70/358 Win Featherweight!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIB Pre-64 Win 70/358 Win Featherweight!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted
Looked at it tonight at "Scheels" in Billings... It was made in 1956 and is absolutely 100% "New In The Box" with all original papers and hang-tags. It's an "aluminum-butt" featherwight... $3,499! (406) 656-9220 if you're interested!

Brad

PS... picked up another stainless 70 338 Win Mag.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brad,
A good friend of the family is the district attorney of Billings (at least he was last time I talked to him).He's a Model 70 nut,so I wouldn't be suprised if he snatches that one up,or at least trys to.If he does,it'll be back on the market soon since he never seems to keep anything for very long.

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
Of course that's a asking price due to short supply. I have one like that except it's used. It shoots good groups of about 1.25 MOA and has a good chamber. The action on mine is quite slick and the trigger is crisp.

My stock is the factory stock with that butt but it may have been refinished. However the wood on it is as good or even better than the one on Seeads David Miller .338 that he showed here. The checkering is just standard though with a border. My metal may be better than that "new" one except for the action being slicked.

I really don't like this "collector" stuff. Should I hunt with mine and put a scratch on it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I swapped a Citori 28 gauge for a mint one a couple of years ago when I was living in Kansas. It shoots about like yours and prefers the Sierra 225 gr over 4320. I am about halfway through completion of a new 2X English walnut classic stock for it so I can keep the original one in its as new condition as well as practice my stock finishing abilities... I hunt with mine though I am pretty careful with it and do not take it out in foul weather.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that the same Sheels company located in Bismarck? I'm in the Bismarck store at least twice a month. They seem to have a steady flow of Pre 64s. The latest was a cherry 375 H & H.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote