Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger no. 3
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted
Did they ever make an engraved with fancy wood or is the one I just bought customized?

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that I kinow of most likely customized

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen a number of custom No 3 Rugers. I guess it was an attractive platform for the custom gunsmiths, as the Ruger No 1 continues to be. The No 3 came in some pretty cool calibers as well.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Yes, they did, in cooperation with Roy Weatherby's outfit. Weatherby contemplated retailing brand new No, 3s at one time, with Weatherby-style finish to upgraded and checkered wood, wth some small amount of engraving on the metal.

I at one time owned the very first sample of that genre. I bought it from the estate of the head of Weatherby's stocking department, who had kept it for himself when the idea never got off the ground. (Weatherby and Ruger were not able to finally come to terms.)

Mine was with very blond walnut wood, a lot of meticulous hand checkering, and in .375 Winchester chambering.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
learn something new everyday! an upgraded #3 would be very cool!

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted Hide Post
buckeye

It is for sale in AR classified

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote