New
Find
Notify
Tools

338Lapua in a CZ550
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would this be any good precission vice? I mean, should I forget about it or just go for it for the fun of it. But I would like OK or better groups in order to be happy with such a rifle.

Anybody tried this combo? I have a 416 Rigby that im planning to get a 450 barrel for and perhaps I should get a 338 barrel aswell. [Big Grin]

Posts: 240 | Location: Finland | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt you will get Varmint accuracy but it will still shoot pretty good with a good barrel and all set up correctly. I say go for it and tell us how it goes.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Thomas.
Just go for it!!
I have buddy that has one, buildt on the older 602 action (shilen barrel). And that is one heck of an accurate rifle. He first had a barrel on 26" then he cut of 2" and still it has it's accuracy.
I've seen some of his groups at 200m, and he continiously putting the holes at approx. 1/2" from a bench! [Eek!]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Thomas M,

Just one question why do a re-berreling of a CZ when a Sako TGR42, is nearly unbeatable regarding accuracy out of the box.

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im planning for a 450 Rigby and thought I get an extra barrel done at the same time.

I I had the monney and wasn't living in Sweden I would have bought a TRG a long time ago.

one of us
Picture of BER007
posted Hide Post
Thomas M,

Just for info what is wrong with Sweden and the Sako TRG?

Swedish gun laws?

"Friendship" between Sweden and Finland?

Posts: 831 | Location: BELGIUM | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Laws!!!

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In sweden you are not alowed to own more than 4 hunting rifles (including shotgun) but you can have as many barrels as you like.... [Frown] [Frown] [Mad] [Mad] [Eek!] [Confused] [Confused]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel that the Europeom laws is what will happen in every country eventually, and then each generation will experience a reduction from 4 rifles to three until eventually the UN get's it's objective acheived of no firearms in civilian hands. Australia is ever slowly moving in that direction, from my understanding Western Australia is almost there. If the Anti's beat the American shooters I feel all is lost, to me there like the last frontier. I know this is pessamistic but the media, governments & minoroty groups just will not leave us law abiding citizens alone.

But funny how the Governments in my country will not ban ciggarettes or poker machines which are responsible for more human tradgedy than all gun related incidents ever, would revenue have anything to do with it [Roll Eyes]

[ 10-19-2002, 02:03: Message edited by: PC ]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote