300 WSM results
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
fired a screamer at 990 yards...

300 WSM
190 SMK 61.5 grs of H 4350

Rifles was built by Chris Matthews longshotrifles@yahoo.com

990 yards... one bullet just caught the upper right edge of the target.. this was shot with witness'

I have read dozens of books by hero's and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles!

Posts: 104 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sweet lookin rig

If it dont fit...force it. If ya cant force it...get a bigger hammer. If it breaks...it probably needed replacing anyway.

one of us
posted Hide Post
sweet lookin group too. id do good to see a piece of poster board at 900yds...lol

If it dont fit...force it. If ya cant force it...get a bigger hammer. If it breaks...it probably needed replacing anyway.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ric,

You mind me asking what primer you were using? I have different ones to try with H4350, but I would like to hear from an expert as to which he prefers (or should I say his rifle prefers).

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" - Josey Wales

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shilen,

Hardly and expert just a guy that likes to shoot alot.....

I have found that the WLR or the WLRM primers work best....

Try the WLRM primer... I use Win. Brass as well....

I have read dozens of books by hero's and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ric, I will give the WLRM primers a try. Have you tried F210M or F215M primers? I have several of those as well.

Posts: 395 | Location: Tremonton, UT | Registered: 20 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SHilen,

I used to use fed all the times however, I have found better accuracy with the WLR, WLRM

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is interesting Ric. I have heard many people say that. It seams like the people that have always used the Fed match primers and don't try anything else are the people in general that swear by federal. I am sure it depends on the rifle and cartridge as well though.