Find
Notify
Tools

CDL = CLASSIC?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is the CDL the same as the classic?

Posts: 148 | Location: behind a cabbage plant on a hot August Day | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mechanically, yes. The stock is different, however.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Model 700 Classic
http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/700classic.htm

Model 700 CDL
http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/700cdl.htm

They are different models in Remington's catalog but the CDL is basically the Classic with a black fore-end tip and grip cap.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
The stocks have different DAH etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BFaucett:

Model 700 Classic
http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/700classic.htm

Model 700 CDL
http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/700cdl.htm

They are different models in Remington's catalog but the CDL is basically the Classic with a black fore-end tip and grip cap.

-Bob F.

A cursory look reveals that the stocks are not even close to being the same.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington also discontinued the ADL in walnut stocks. It's only available in fiberglass. It looks like the CDL will be the eventual replacemet for the BDL. It's been around for a long time and is about ready for the scrap heap. The only differences I can see between the BDL and new CDL are cosmetic. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
I picked up a CDL in 280 last fall.

It was one of the first of the limited run in 280 to hit the distributors. I had learned about the run before it was even listed on the website. In fact Remington told me that the CDL was not available in 280 until I gave them the model # that I got from my local gun dealer. I had my order in ahead of time.

I really like it. It has one of the "Limbsaver" type recoil pads,. It is the most effective recoil pads I have ever used by a long shot!

Very nice rifle, about time Remington offered an alternative to the 70s style of the BDL.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HP Shooter:
quote:

-Bob F.

Well, I did say basically the same. As in roughly the same. i.e. Both are Model 700s with a classic style wood stock. Geeeezzz..... Roll Eyes

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HP Shooter:
quote:

-Bob F.

Well, I did say basically the same. As in roughly the same. i.e. Both are Model 700s with a classic style wood stock. Geeeezzz..... Roll Eyes

-Bob F.

Gotcha.... beer

one of us
Picture of Leo M
posted Hide Post
The CDL has a cheek piece and the Classic does not, if you read the onfo on Remington's page.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: 25 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope I didn't get you in trouble there Bob. Thank you all.

Posts: 148 | Location: behind a cabbage plant on a hot August Day | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Carne,

No sweat. This can be a tough crowd though!

-Bob F. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked one up last summer and love it. It's the "better" factory rifle that everyone has been crying for. Matte, clean 26" barrels in the mags and 24" barrels in the standard rounds. Mountain rifle contour stock made of decent walnut without white line spacers or pimped out varnish. And it's a shooter to boot, all at a production rifle price.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which did you pick up?

one of us
posted Hide Post
What I am looking at is buying a used Classic or a new CDL. Any idea on the cost of a good condition classic?

One of Us
Picture of Old Cane
posted Hide Post
Most of the classics I see are about $100 less than new ones. Of course some are several hundred more but there is always somebody out there that thinks they are selling gold. Usually $450-500 will get you a LNIB classic.

Posts: 151 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a 300 win replacing a 300 win I traded off. They even have a few left handed options. My uncle is picking one up in 35 whelen and a hunting pard is getting a lefty in 300 ultra. Everyone that's in the market for a factory gun and has handled it, pick one up or at least seriously consider it. Right handers get alot of decent choices, last year they had a 280 and if a 260 shows up I'll have to snag one.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote