New
Find
Notify
Tools

7MM WSM or 270 WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have heard from several sources that it is hard to find an accurate 7MM WSM but have heard many times about the superb accuracy of the 270 WSM. Has anyone had experience with either of these rounds?

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Rock barreled 7mmwsm is more forgiving easier to shoot and less finicky than my Krieger barreled 270wsm as it should be. The 7mm is a FN wsm SPR action with a Rem Varmint contour barrel over 10#'s. The 270 wsm is a hunting rifle model 70 classic featherweight action with a light sporter weight barrel under 8#'s. I think if you use good components and have a smith who knows how to run a reamer there will be no difference in like rifles in these 2 calibers.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO the cartridge has very little to do with the accuracy of a firearm. It's much less important than many other factors such as the barrel, the action, the bedding, the trigger, the barrel crown, the bullet, the workmanship of the gunsmith, etc...

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I highly doubt one will be more accurate than another, maybe they are forming 7mm WSM brass from .270 WSM. The only thing that would keep me from buying the 7mm is it seems to be out the door already as far as popularity/availability. Just stock up on the 7mm brass if you go that route, I doubt you'd be disappointed.

________

"...And on the 8th day, God created beer so those crazy Canadians wouldn't take over the world..."

Posts: 539 | Location: Winnipeg, MB. | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
neck down 300 WSM, no probs Cool

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote