Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Value - Rem 600
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted
I was at a gun auction the other day and there was a beater Rem 600 in .308 for sale. The gun was not in good shape. The vent rib was held on in two places with electrical tape, the stock was all scratched up and it had a very interesting recoil pad. Apparently the former owner had put a slip on recoil pad on the gun then left it near a heat source and the pad had melted onto the gun. Apparently no effort was made to get it off and it wasn't about to come off without alot of work. Almost seemed to be part of the stock.

Anyway I thought if I could pick it up cheap it would make a good winter project gun. It sold for $350 which I thought was excessive. Am I missing something here? Are these rifles more valuable then I think since they are not made anymore?

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I would have gone $250 to $300. They are nice guns and some like the actions for other projects.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stocks can be replaced fairly easy. What was the action and barrel like? Did it have one of those plastic ribs? Was the floorplate plastic?
I would be more interested in the metal than the stock. I had a couple of those rifles, one in .243 Win and one in .350 Rem Mag. They were so short that it seemed to me I needed a holster to carry them around in. I wasn't a big fan of the dogleg bolt either. Sold them both and moved on. If the metal was ok, then I don't think you would have been hurt too bad at $350.00

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote