THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Anybody seen one of these in person?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody seen one of these in person?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
Just got back from Sportsmans warehouse. I went in to see if they were stocking any of the new Kimber Classic long actions. They didn't have any, but while looking I saw one of these Rem CDL SF Limited This one had very dark wood and the metal to wood fit was very good. I picked the rifle up and it balances and points like a dream! I haven't been much on Remington's since the last Sendaro I bought about 5 years ago. This one was $699 and could win me back to the big green tent. I didn't do anything as I have enough rifles for now, but I really like this gun.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do have a cdl, not the sf model. Mine is in 7mag and it shoots and handles very well. It also handles recoil very very well, it kicks much less than any bdl 7mags that I've shot.

Posts: 322 | Location: Three Forks, Montana | Registered: 02 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't do anything as I have enough rifles for now,

Strange concept. I wonder what it means.

Confused Big Grin

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enough rifles?

An obviously disturbed individual to not notice such a glaring contradiction in terms...

The Remington Springfield Limited is as nice an example of a Remington as I've ever seen.... and I like Remingtons.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should clarify. I've got 4 custom rifle projects going on right now. One of them is a garage builders special and can be set aside at any time, but 3 are being done by gunsmiths and the bills will be due sometime soon.

The Remington is very tempting, but I like to eat too Wink

As much as I'd like to have the Kimber 8400 .270Win. If it would have been in stock I would have just looked at it too. Frowner

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Just got back from Sportsmans warehouse. I went in to see if they were stocking any of the new Kimber Classic long actions. They didn't have any, but while looking I saw one of these Rem CDL SF Limited This one had very dark wood and the metal to wood fit was very good. I picked the rifle up and it balances and points like a dream! I haven't been much on Remington's since the last Sendaro I bought about 5 years ago. This one was $699 and could win me back to the big green tent. I didn't do anything as I have enough rifles for now, but I really like this gun.

Terry

I saw one of these last weekend. It caught my eye as soon as I walked in the door. Had it been produced in .338 I would be tellin' ya how it shoots. I just wasn't in the market for another '06. Big Grin

Rich

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a little late in replying to this thread but I just saw it. I bought one of the CDL SF's when they came available last spring. Beautiful gun, didn't need it but got a good deal on it through a dealer friend and couldn't pass it up. Still haven't shot it but will soon.

Posts: 37 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 05 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:

Terry

bewildered

Terry, I am starting to get very concerned....

You and a Remington hunting rifle...take two asprin and sleep it off sofa

Seems to me those $$$ would be better spent on a future project or hunting trip....

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote