THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    What about Winchester Supergrades?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What about Winchester Supergrades?
 Login/Join

posted
Are the worth they extra cost over say a regular Winchester Classic LT. Are their any real differences in how they perform or function?

I am just wondering as they are beautiful guns. I am interested in either a 300 win mag or a 300 WSM that are now shown in the 2004 catalog. The 300 win mag Supergrade seems somewhat hefty at 8.0 pounds and the 300 WSM Supergrade seems somewhat light at 7.25 pounds. I think ideally I would like a rifle that weighs somewhere in between.

I am not necessarily sold on the WSM's and really see the 300 win mag as being more versatile than the 300 WSM because it can be reloaded to higher velocities.

Anyway, I am looking for any feedback or opinions on either rifle. Thanks!!

Posts: 10 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
treehawk,

I'm wondering the same thing about the Super Grades. I'd like to have one. I have read, however, that the forend tip is plastic. That kind of soured me a bit on a rifle called a "Super Grade". Maybe that's all you can get on a sub-$1,000 rifle.

Scott

Posts: 52 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 06 December 2003Reply With Quote