New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Titanium
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seeing the post on the Remington Ti stuck me to ask the crowd here about their thoughts on the Browning Ti. I am interested in a 7mm WSM, but

1) am concerned that at 6.5 pounds with a scope it might be a real pounder?

2) I have not heard from anyone with one of these rifles to give a real world analysis of how it performs,

3) Kimber, and remington are other options, Is browning the way to go?

Thanks for any info that you can supply,

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
First, I don't have an A-Bolt Ti but I really like Brownings in general. But, my experience with the 700 Ti 7mm08 has convinced me that I just would not want to hunt with a 7mm WSM in a gun as light as a Ti A-Bolt. I don't think I'd be able to hit much of anything consistantly beyond 50 yards because of the recoil. I'd advise you to try shooting someone elses 5.5 lb. 7mm Mag or WSM before laying down that much cash. That thing would kill at one end and maim at the other. Eeker

Sei wach!

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
A great deal of the perceived recoil depends on the stock design and material. When I bought my Colt Light Rifle in 300 Win I was prepared for the worst. To my surprise, the gun was quite comfortable to shoot at 5.5 lbs. I think the synthetic stock compresses and elongates the recoil impulse. I had a Styer Forester in 7 Mag at the same time that weighed over 7 lbs and it kicked much sharper.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
last week I bumped into an old mate in one of the local gunshops. It was yakerty yakerty for a while till Ivan aske me what I was shooying these days?
REMTIT 7mm-08 I told him.
He said they a very accurate and that a mate of his is no longer told when the club is goint to have 300 yard shoots 'cuse the 308 target guys were getting pissed off with him winning with his Titanium in 7mm-08.
Mine shoots pretty straight too.
As for recoil, poop, nothing to get concerned about. The stock on the Titanium is the best sythetic I have shot.
Unlike the one on the Number 7 which is good for lighting fires and not much else.
roflmao

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So it sounds like there are som Remington Ti Lovers, BUT what about Browning, has no one purchased one of these rifles?

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote