THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    M70 RH Classic 300 Win Mag price check

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M70 RH Classic 300 Win Mag price check
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
Hello,

I have an older friend who has stopped hunting and has asked me to possibly help him sell some of his guns. He has a M70 Classic wood/blue made I believe in the early 90s, so a NH gun, with a G329XXX serial number. Nice wood grain and he stripped the factory finish off some time ago and put some sort of oil finish on it. He has a VX I 3-9 scope on it with I believe Leupold mounts. No problems with the wood in terms of dings or anything and it has the 2-piece BM unit on it. The scope glass is pristine at all levels of magnification and there is a small amount of paint missing on the front bell but no damage to the scope itself. Caliber is 300 Win Mag. A really nice rifle all around. The bolt runs nice and smooth and it feeds/functions fine. I realize there are no pics to offer at this time but can someone offer me a ballpark range on value? $1100-1200 or more? Dunno.

Thanks.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I'm going to assume it isn't a pushfeed, correct me if I'm wrong.
The scope adds 200$ tops, the rifle is probably a 900$ gun BUT with the factory finish altered I would say $750. Just my best guess.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
I'm going to assume it isn't a pushfeed, correct me if I'm wrong.
The scope adds 200$ tops, the rifle is probably a 900$ gun BUT with the factory finish altered I would say $750. Just my best guess.
I was thinking $1000. For the package so we are on the same page.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yes, CRF.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$700 to $800 for the rifle, add $150 for the mark 1 Leupold and mounts..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote