THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Remington Model 700 Custom KS Mountain

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 700 Custom KS Mountain
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for opinions/feedback on this rifle. I've been searching for months for left hand bolt actions in stainless/synthetic. Needless to say the pickin's are pretty slim. It's either the A-bolt, the 700 Custom KS or a custom job. Is there $450 difference b/w the 2 rifles? I'll hang and listen now. Thanks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
i have 4 of them and like them there is a 30'06 on gunsamerica for $695.00 i'd buy if i did not already have 2 ks's in '06..my go to deer rifle is a 1st yr ks in 30'06 with a zeiss 3.5x10 & conetrol mounts

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My white-tail rifle is KS 270. Every guide I have hunted with wanted to buy. Stock trigger needed tuning, other than that she's been great. Mines not for sale at any price.

Posts: 192 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: 06 December 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I've owned several of the Model 700 KS Mountain rifles, and they are great guns. In particular, I had one in .300 Winchester that became a tackdriver after I rebedded it, and a .30-06 that was a tackdriver right out of the box.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back40,

Yes, life is difficult for us lefties. Winchester has a LH stainless synthetic available through their custom shop. I do not know what the "real" prices are on them.

You can view them at this link:

http://www.winchester-guns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=535&type_id=917&cat=013C

Chip

Posts: 37 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have three of them KS guns. They all shoot great now. I had to have them worked on. They are good to go now.
Good shooting..

Posts: 146 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I have a KS in 30-06 and a AWR in 338 WM. The '06 shot like a dream with a trigger and bedding job. It prefers 165 grain Speer Grand Slam bullets but they work perfectly for what I use the rifle for. The .338 has taken a little more work, but I am beginning to think it is the caliber and not the gun. I would recommend both as excellent rifles. My only complaint is that the LOP on Remingtons seem short, but I'm 6'3" so most factory rifles seem short.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the 700 Custom KS barrel floated, action bedded and trigger adjustable?

one of us
posted Hide Post
the stocks have a presure point at the forend that is about 1"x1/2" and can be sanded off if wished. without this block they are free floated. the stocks are not glass bedded but mine fit well enough that i have not had them rebedded.. the triggers are standard remington triggers that have been hand assembled.. my newest was set at about 6# with out creep,, a 2 minute fix.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote