Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper Rifles...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted
Anyone own or have experience with any of their rifles? I think I might be able to get a decent deal--don't know what the deal is yet--through one of my relatives. Thought I would ask around and find out what everyone thinks. Are they a good value? Or overpriced?

Specifically I would like to know how this rifle functions in the field. Feeding problems? Inaccuracy issue? etc...

Thanks in advance fellas! Big Grin

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

posted Hide Post
fusino,

I have a Cooper Model 21 Varminer in .17 Mach IV. It is the most accurate rifle I own.

Feeding is a non-issue, since nearly all of Cooper's firearms are single-shots.

Value is a subjective judgment, and depends on your own tastes. I'll say this: my Cooper at $1150 shoots only slightly better than my $400 Savage, but it looks a hell of a lot nicer doing it. Cool

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
^^Good point about value George. I was on their site and they have a pretty good selection of medium bolt-actions as well. I'm hoping to get this rifle at just under $1000 as it's been used, but taken care of. Smiler

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
fusino, Own a 57LVT, though it's a 22 it's a very well made rifle, got the lowest grade wood and it looks like grade III, maybe they like me or something, huh. Nice trigger, just as accurate as my VS223 @100yds., or lets put it this way, it's as accurate at 100 as the VS is at 200yds. for 10 shot groups.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote