New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 2004 Remington Classic
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I already have one Remington Classic in 6.5x55. It's a good one, very accurate. However, I'm afraid of
todays Remingtons. I guess I'll chance it and get this one in 8x57, and hope for the best. I've always
been quite fond of the caliber. It's been around for over 100 years and still going strong. I guess that's
a statement of sorts. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered my new Classic today. 8x57.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We've had 6 in our store. I thought about getting one, but I'm not impressed with the bullet selection for reloading.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check out midway's .323 offerings there, bob. looked like plenty to me.

Posts: 298 | Location: birmingham, alabama | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can find any old Remington 185 gr Pt SP grab them.

We have been using them in the old 8 x 60 Mauser on plains game, and been very happy.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why buy a Remington, when there are millions of M98's that are superior actions?

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Major Caliber,

Good question.

Posts: 1005 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M.C. roflmao. You are joking, right.

Bob, not to worry. I'm pretty much a "work up one good load and use it for everything" kinda guy. Plus, the Classics look good.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PaulH
posted Hide Post
175 gr sierra or 180 gr Nosler ballistic tip for deer.

200 Nosler partion for elk.

What else do you need.

Posts: 218 | Location: Liquid Sunshine State | Registered: 12 November 2003Reply With Quote