THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    9,3x62 and 320 grains Reloading data?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3x62 and 320 grains Reloading data?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Does any of you've reloading data for the 320 grains bullets in the 9,3x62?
LG
Thanks R-West, hope this time works [Smile]

[ 10-16-2002, 00:07: Message edited by: Lorenzo ]

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

Well, can't find Ray, so I did a search of his posts (I KNEW he posted something on this)

This
quote:
The 9.3x62 is fine if you can shoot it well, thats the criteria. To be strictly legal you must handload it pretty hot, but I don't think anyone has ever been checked on that one. I would suggest the 320 Woodligh softs and solids.
My load is 56.5 grs of RL-15, for 2400 give or take a hundred FPS, according to barrel lenth.

The 320 soft will bust a shoulder and come to rest on the far side skin, with near 99 percent reliability...the solid will pass through every time. Perfect for herd shooting Buffalo.

--------------------
Ray Atkinson

and this
quote:
as to my loads, they are max in my gun, the cases last at least 9 loadings...I loaded them until I got a extractor mark, and backed off a grain and then loaded that same case 9 times, trimmed it twice and it was still good...thats all I can tell you. I do get a lot out of the 26" Lothar Walther barrel and it is a little faster than my other barrel....

My loads areFrowner 5 or 10 shot averages- chronographed)
56.5 grs. RL-15 320 Woodleigh soft or solid...
59 SAme 286 Nosler 2520 FPS
60 H414 250 Nosler Bal tip. 2700 FPS
57 RL-15 300 gr. Swift 2450 FPS
63 IMR-4350 250 BarnesX 2777 FPS

All the above were with Fed 215 primers and I recently changed to 210 and only lost about 12 FPS average.

ALL LOADS ARE MAX IN MY RIFLE, CUT 10 PERCENT AND LOAD UP TO YOUR RIFLES MAX

is all from the "9.3 and Cape Buffalo" thread back in August http://www.serveroptions.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004410

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
R-West,
Thank you VERY MUCH !!!! [Smile]
Regards
Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
R-West to the RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehe [Razz]

Posts: 396 | Location: North East Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Hi, Mark. You know me, just can't resist the urge to get my $.02 in.

PS - Talked with Ray, he got a monster elk, and now he's off to Texas. Must be nice [Frown]

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote