New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cobb/Skip Patel = DO NOT BUY
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As he’s supposed to be the head of the new Bushmaster custom shop, they’d also fall under the same category.

The rifle was delivered w. a clip that wouldn't even fit into the rifle. It then suffered a case head separation on ~ it's 8th round of factory Winchester ammo, when it detonated the primer out of battery. It never cycled or fired properly -- my 'smith and I presumed it was a magazine problem, at first.

While most of the gas blew out the bottom of the clip, some was vented into the trigger, directly into the trigger finger.

They took weeks to replace my rifle.

A quick inspection showed that they’ve re-used the barrel, which shouldn’t matter, according to my smith. However, he is thoroughly inspecting it, and test firing it, before releasing it to me.

It was returned from being repaired w.o. a magazine, so I’ll be buying a second $27 DPMS mag, without having ever received a functional one from factory.

After handling the, hopefully, properly built rifle, there’s no way the original one was ever test fired, or even cycled by someone experienced w. the rifle.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
..Sounds like those Maineeeacks , need to get with the program !!!!!

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote