THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    My Pre-64 Model 70 .30-06 Project
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Pre-64 Model 70 .30-06 Project
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Well, I am glad you got things back but I sure hate to hear of the damage.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Just an update. The barreled action is at my father's house as he has all of my guns in storage. He had a medical emergency yesterday (pancreatitis attack) and is in the hospital.

I am trying to get home to PA (where he lives) but they are calling for 12 to 16 inches of snow starting tonight into Friday.

Whenever he is better, or I can get back home to be with him and take care of some of his business, the action will be returned to Roger.

I can't wait for the component to be back into the hands of a TRUE PROFESSIONAL. Hopefully Bill's neglect can be saved by Roger's expertise...I think it can.

I will update everyone where there is something to update.

Until then, cheers!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to your dad and hope you get this project completed. It is certainly going to be a beautiful rifle when it is done.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
any updates on this?

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I would think that Bill would be responsible for the damage that occurred to your materials while in his possession. An estimate from Roger of the damage caused while in Bill's shop would be adequate enough to file a claim in Bill's bankruptcy case if you can find out where that is being heard. Usually these is a centralized Bankruptcy court in each locale. Then you would stand in line with the other unsecured creditors to get what ever is left after the bankruptcy administrators, attorneys, accountants and secured creditors get paid. Usually at that point, it's nothing.

At least you got your components back and hopefully the project will still be able to go forward, perhaps now with just a greater cost.

These Pre-64 Model 70's are classics and reflect a time period of craftsmanship. So much better than the plastic toys being produced today. My dad had a Pre-64 Model 70 in a 30-06 that I admired and dreamed about as a little boy.

Hope that project gets completed for you in a manner that you find acceptable. Good luck.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the skirt wearing Queer - teenScumee:
I would think ...
We all know that is totally impossible. rotflmo

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Originally posted by the skirt wearing Queer - teenScumee:
I would think ...
We all know that is totally impossible. rotflmo

This is obviously a foreign activity to Hotsh$t. Sitting in front of the broken TV and slipping away. Lets all be a little more understanding of what Alzheimer's can do to the old fart. Please.

Respectfully,

middlefinger

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote