THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Extraction problems with Sako 300 WSM, Finnlight

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extraction problems with Sako 300 WSM, Finnlight
 Login/Join

posted
Hi:

I bought a 300WSM SAKO Finnlight and I am experiencing extraction problems where the cartridge fails to eject from the breech all the time unless I pull the bolt back with a fair amount of force. I am in discussions with the Stoeger Canada (distributor) on this issue. Unfortunately, I have an Elk trip at the end of September and I am a one-gun hunter.

A little Hoppes #9 behind each ear drives women wild...does'nt it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sako M-75's have a fixed ejector. The ejection force is directly proportional to how hard you work the bolt. Work it smartly and you will have no problems.................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which is what makes Sakos such a pleasure to shoot from the bench or otherwise when you wish to manually remove the spent brass from the action. As a long-time Sako shooter I am always aggravated by the spring-loaded Remington 700 trying to flip the brass out prematurely.

DJ is correct: In "rapid fire" situations don't baby your Sako; slam the bolt to the rear and watch the case fly several feet to the right.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
djpaintles/Stonecreek:
Maybe you are right. I spent the first 25 years on my hunting career with an M77 Ruger, 30-06 and watched those cases fly, even when you were gentle with the bolt. As excited as I get chasing Whitetails there will probably won't be any difficulty working that bolt "smartly".

Hoopi

A little Hoppes #9 behind each ear drives women wild...does'nt it?