Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Model 2000
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of setterrun
posted
I am looking for a mid caliber rifle and have always had a passion for Mausers. I have come across a few used model 2000 Mausers but, but I am having trouble finding out anything about them. At this point I am not even sure if they are controled feed or push feed. If anyone knows anything that would help me out I would appreciate any information.

David Brown
setterrun@mebtel.net

Posts: 26 | Location: Efland, NC | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I recall, the 2000/3000/4000 series rifles were push feeds built by Heym under contract from Mauser. They eventually became the SR10 and SR20 when Heym later produced them under their own name.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
look at the mauser 03 they are fantastic.

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a beautiful 3000 Mauser barreled action in 243 that may be unfired.It has the Mauser crest and says Obendorf. Could be yours for $450+shipping.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
The Mauser 2000 is a very nice rifle. Its bolthandelig is as smooth as glass, very impressive. It is a push-feed with a sako-type ekstractor.
Their big problem is a alloy bottom-mettal with a terrible florplate-lock, and once it has broken there is no way to get a new one or to fix it in a proper way. The fiering pin was also know to brake, due to a dubious construction.

I would really like to own one and make a new fiering pin and install a Duane Viebe bottom mettal...

If you want a moderniced M98 crf, get a Husquarna 640.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bent Fossdal:
The Mauser 2000 is a very nice rifle. Its bolthandelig is as smooth as glass, very impressive. It is a push-feed with a sako-type ekstractor.
Their big problem is a alloy bottom-mettal with a terrible florplate-lock, and once it has broken there is no way to get a new one or to fix it in a proper way. The fiering pin was also know to brake, due to a dubious construction.

I would really like to own one and make a new fiering pin and install a Duane Viebe bottom mettal...

If you want a moderniced M98 crf, get a Husquarna 640.

Hi Bent
I have one down in the basement, it has the features you described, including a doubius safety, you can buy it for a reasonable price Wink