THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    ED BROWN RIFLES, please give me input

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ED BROWN RIFLES, please give me input
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted
Looking at scrapping alot of excess and getting a new controlled round feed ed brown savanna with 704 action in 30/06...

Has anyone used this new action?

also what do you think of his GEN III ceramic coating? How well does it hold up?

accuracy of this new action?

any thoughts on his stuff?

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed''s rifles are Excellent,he'sup there with the best builders in my book.got to handle and look at his then new 702 action a couple of years back at a SCI convention in Vegas.for accuracy i'd say he can easily tie Kenny Jarret.he's an inovater thats for sure.
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want a Damara BADLY.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I have not shot an Ed Brown rifle, I recently had the opportunity to handle several at a dealer. I thought they handled well and certainly appeared to be of high quality. Patriot you said you want a Savannah model. I found the Savannah to be pretty heavy and if I were getting an 06 I would get the Damara.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ask Brown for references.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have a Savanna 702 in '06 and it is the cat's meow.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Took delivery of my Ed Brown Marine Sniper 308 Winchester in 2002....it will put 5 Fed Gold Medal Match 168gr. into one hole at 100yds....shoots Fed 150gr ballistic tips into 1/2" all day long...I just noticed that Ed brown has gone to Shilen Bbls. as standard equipment..when I placed my order in 2002 he offered Kreiger bbls....mine wears the Kreiger bbl...this rifle is THE MOST accurate rifle I have ever fired in my 58yr. young life.....
Pete

Posts: 23 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 31 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own many custom guns some nearly 8 times the price of an Ed Brown, are they more accurate or reliable, I don’t think so.

I strongly believe Ed’s products are top notch and are able to compete with the very best and you don’t have to wait 1 or 2 years. I love my Ed Brown .375 H&H a high quality rifle. I have used this rifle hunting brown bear in Alaska and on many other successful hunts a great product made by a great American company. thumb

Roland