THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    First Shots Sako Finnlight 270 WSM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Shots Sako Finnlight 270 WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Guys:

It was raining most of the day today Saturday so I decided to go to the range and shoot between the rain drops. Roll Eyes

I had a problem with the mounts on my new Sako Finnlight but finally got the correct mounts in SS and got it set up.

This is a bone stock Sako 270 WSM Finnlight, absolutely nothing done, shooting Winchester 130 grain factory ballistic tips. No barrel break in, I did not even clean the bore before I shot this group. Three shots were fired to sight in where I wanted, about 1.5 inch high at 100 yards, then this three shot group was fired into .670... I stared to shoot another group but the rain was coming down harder and the thin barrel was heating up.

I also had with me a Remington 673 Guide Gun in 350 Rem Mag... but it shot the factory 200 grain Remington fodder in a 2-3 in group. bewildered

It looks like I will probably handload for this puppy. Well two out of three rifles shooting sub MOA groups with factory fodder isn't bad in my book.

I just posted a pic of my Rem 204 groups in the small caliber section also.

First 270 WSM sako Finnlight group...

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PAhunter, just wait until you get handloads worked up for your Finnlite. I'd bet you'll get 3 shot groups well under 1/2 inch with some work. Congrats, on a fine rifle......DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi DJ:

It never ceases to amaze me how good these Sako's shoot right out of the box.

This is my second rifle that shoots sub MOA with the factory Winchester 270 WSM 130 grain BT's. My other is a semi custom Winchester Mod 70.

I probably won't hanload for this one. I have to work on that Remie 350 Mag that's shooting 3 in groups. Roll Eyes

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote