New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 American- excellent!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently, I decided I needed 1 more hunting rifle and ordered a CZ 550 American with a kevlar stock in .270 Winchester. I have to say other than being on the heavy side it's one of the nicest rifles I have ever bought. The fit and finish on this CZ is perfect. I'm not a novice on hunting rifles (I have 3 safes full). I have not shot it yet, but they did include a target that was very respectable. If I had to choose one rifle this week, it would be it.

Posts: 74 | Location: out west | Registered: 20 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a CZ 550 Varmint in a 308 this year,I too am impressed with the quality and she shoots darn good too.It's my first CZ product,but if I buy another rifle,Ill take a good look at the CZ line of rifles.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
I have 2 CZ 550 Full Stock rifles. Both are terrific shooters and not picky at all. Congrats on your CZ, you will love it.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott has the same ones that I do.
550 FS in 9.3 and 6.5
I can tell you they only get better as you shoot them.
Kind of pretty too.

Cheers, John

Give me COFFEE and nobody gets hurt

Posts: 1608 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have an American, but I sure love my 9.3X62 FS.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In late 2002 I think, I bought a CZ American in 9,3x62 from a member here who obviously wanted to sell it. Paid $400 for the rifle, 100 pieces of brass, a couple of boxes of projectiles, dies, and rings. Came with everything done.

Was easy to work up a great 286 gr Nosler load for it (2425 fps at less than 1 MOA).

The beastie has simply been superb! Has been to Africa where it acquitted itself impeccably well, and has taken piggies and deer in Texas. Love the rifle.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote