New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which trigger for my new build?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which one should I get, its for a Stiller predator action based on the Rem 700,This is what I am thinking, Jewell, Kepplinger single set, Canjar single set or Shillen. I want the trigger pull at 2lbs, and if it is a set trigger 2lbs regular and at set, 8oz. Which one would you guys recomend? The rifle is going to be 7mm Dakota, 26in 5R rockcreek barrel ss fluted No 4 contour, and a Mcmillan edge in Rem hunter.

Thanks
Elmer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely no reason to spend big bucks on a trigger that is set to 2 pounds for hunting. A standard Remington trigger will serve you well.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with 30378.

I have a Kepplinger on my f class gun and I love it but you will not find it on my hunting guns.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always been of the opinnion that Canjar was first, second and third place, and all else was junk by comparison, but I may be wrong on that.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote