New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x62 CZ shoots Mickey
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Took my new CZ 550 Am 9.3x62 out for the first time today. Just wanted to get a feel for it, break in the barrel and sight in the scope. I was shooting H4895 with Speer 270gr bullets. After 12 rounds of shoot and clean it was time for my first 3 shot group. This a photo of that group. Looks like Mickey Mouse to me. Can't wait to load up some 286gr Partitions with R-15 and BigGame.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love my cz 9.3 as well, I am using speer 270 gr bullets as well and they work well for what I shoot. If I shoot tough game then I will step up to the woodleigh's.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Great groups. thumb Have you tried any 250gr Noslers yet?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you tried any 250gr Noslers yet?

Not yet. The Speers are the only ones that came with my order. The back ordered 286 and 250gr should be here this week.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve: I bought a brand-new-in-the-box never-been-fired CZ 550 American in 9.3x62 for a song and a dance. Acutally, it is for my brother, who I hopes pays me back. Anyway, the very tip end of the stock has a pressure point on the barrel. Are CZ 550 Americans in 9.3x62 supposed to be freefloated, or have contact with a pressure point. Do they shoot better freefloated or pressurepointed? Thanks ... Tom Purdom (7x57mm)

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they shoot better freefloated or pressurepointed

Sorry, I can't answer that. My CZ is stock out of the box. Haven't even taken it apart yet. Maybe some the the experts here can help you and me both with that question.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve4102,
If you can slip a dollar bill between the barrel and stock, it is free-floated. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the stock off of my CZ550 American in 9,3x62 either ... but the stock does definitely not free float the barrel.

I get great groups, but probably not quite as good as the original poster's. They are spectacular.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a group! I want a CZ 9.3X62, however I want it in the LUX stock design and they don't import it any more. I was considering the FS, however I did want the longer barrel. I've got a FN action and am tempted to build one, but all 5 of my CZ's shoot like yours. Hang on to it, you've got a great one. Congrats.

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool

steve4102,

Great shooting! Your new rifle is really delivering the goods!

As an aside - this mirrors my accuracy expereince with the 9.3x62. My first three shot group at 100 meters (109 yards) looked just like yours!

I've used IMR-4320, H-4895, H-4350 & VV N-140 with Speers & Nosler BT's. Almost any reasonably well put together sensible load shot excellent!

I've also used the excact same load of 56.0 grs. of H-4895 with the Speer 270 and it shoots excellently.

My standard load now is 55.6 grs. of VV N-140 with the Nosler 250 gr. Ballistic Tip, AOL measured right to the middle of the cannelure. This load also shoots "Mickey Mouse" groups and kills Wild Boar like the Hammer of Thor!

Have fun with your new toy!

Smiler

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 31/2Makesmelaugh
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing these rifles for a while... What does one usually run? Thanks!

"Archery enshrines the principles of human relationships. The Archer perfects his form within himself. If his form is perfect, yet when he releases he misses, there is no point in resenting those who have done better than him. The fault lies nowhere."(Confucious)

Posts: 115 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote