New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husqvarna Model 640
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking about 9.3x62 and see a rifle for sale in this caliber on this site. I would like to know if this is a decent rifle or should I look at the CZ. I feel that a mauser is proper way to go in this caliber. What are your thoughts on this subject?

Posts: 87 | Location: St. Rose, LA USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
If you dont mind the flagtype safety common on the 640, its a basic -98 rifle made in Sweden by Husqvarna. Its a fine rifle and in fair condition , they produce fine accuracy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had seen that ad before I ordered the 550 American. For more information on Huskvarna rifles, go to http://hem.bredband.net/b102212/. Okie John

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I happend to own three Huskies model 640. The action is a standard 98 large ring and most of the actions were made by FN in Belgium.

So all of them are not entierly made in Sweden, sort of say. I have wisner three "winchester style" position safety on one of my rifles.

I took two very tight and slick rifles a while ago. Not drilled for scope mount. The only said part is the militairy style floorplate.

I'm not sure what caliber the other two rifles would be camberd for. That is one of thoose nice problems that haunts you every night [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

To thoose of you who have bought a husky 640, congratulations

Cheers
/ JOHAN

[ 08-30-2002, 22:13: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

<Metrix>
posted
I happen to own a Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62, and this is one gun that I wouldn't even consider selling. The gun was in at least 90% new condition when I purchased it, for only $250 cdn! It's almost as if most people see the 98 action and automatically disregard it, looking instead for a Rem 700 of a Win 70. What a mistake! This gun will shoot MOA all day long with 270gr Speers, or with 286gr Norma Plastic Points. I would definetly buy this gun over the CZ, but hey, maybe it's just me! [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's just us, Metrix! - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote