New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Levers
 Login/Join

<Winchrman>
posted
Does anyone have BLR short actions ? I have them in 243 & 284 for easy to carry woods guns. Can you get them to shoot decent groups ? Is there anything you can do to improve them ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a .243 that shot fine. It liked i4831 and almost any wt bullet. The trigger was creepy and my local smith got it pretty good. Depending on the day it would do 3 shot groups at .75 to 1.25 and would probably do a nice round 1.5" group of 5 which is all I would ask of it.

I just won a blr lightning .308 in a raffle and mounted a 1-3 weaver on it. Am dieing to shoot it soon. I haven't seen any complaints for accuracy on the blr line in general.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My BLR is in 358 Win, it's a great moose gun. Factory ammo gives me about 1.5 MOA, handloads about 1.25 on average. That's about the most I expect from a lever gun, no matter what type. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I had one of the early ones in .358, and it was a genuine 1 MOA rifle when fired with 51.5 grains of WW 748 behind a Speer 250-grain spitzer. I never had to do anything to it!! [Big Grin] A great rifle!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My 308 is a MOA shooter from the box. Just don't load it to top velocities and it should be great.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them both in 243 win. They love 95gr ballistic tips with imr 4350 or 4831.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote