New
Find
Notify
Tools

NULA Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have admired these guns for some time but at almost $4K, I have held back. Recently I found a used M24 in .30/06 at a good price and jumped on it. It's also a left handed rifle. The rifle came with 30mm Talley ring mounts so I installed a Zeiss 3-12 X50 on it for the time being. A smaller scope would be in better proportion but this one will do for now. The rifle and mounts weigh 5 lb, 4 oz. That means that the barrel is the lighter No 1 contour. I zeroed the gun with the Zeiss and fired 7 shots pretty much as fast as I could and the rifle didn't seem to have a wandering zero like most lightweight rifles do after 2-3 shots. The barrel is full length bedded in the Kevlar stock and that is what reportedly leads to maintaining zero. After getting the rifle on paper I shot the last three rounds into a cloverleaf. This gun will shoot! I think I"m going to enjoy it. It isn't perfect. I think the safety is a little stiff and you have to be careful to push the three rounds in the magazine toward the rear for proper feeding. But having an exceptionally light, very accurate rifle is always a joy.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2146 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Have fun with yours. I've always wanted to try one but haven't found a used one in my price range.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2797 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve read that NULA (Forbes) uses an oscilloscope to aid in dialing in bedding. I assume that the oscilloscope determines the level of vibrational dampening that has been achieved.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3290 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote