Notify
Tools

.366 Alaskan - cs273
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted
cs273,

Are you thinking about having a rifle made, chambered in the 9.3 wildcat based on the 338 WM brass? If so, I have some information which may be useful to you.

I hope you take all that stuff about the name in good sport, because you can have the barrel stamped with whatever you want. My dies are stamped 9.3 - 338, but the barrel stamped 366 Alaskan. I don't know what is written on the reamer, since I haven't seen it yet.

Good Sport,

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just thinking of different cartridges to have that are just a little bit different than mainstream. I like I already own a .338 WinMag so I'm interested in cartridges based on the 338 or 458 case, whichever you start with. Some that interest me are the following:

416 Taylor (458 WinMag necked to 416).

366 Alaskan or whatever you want to call it, based on 338 WinMag necked to 366.

and also
375 Taylor (458 WinMag case necked to 375)

I doubt I'll have a rifle made up any time soon, just trying to think of rifles that might interest me and get an idea which would be most useful for Alaska or African Plain game. Not that I'll get a chance any time soon. Mainly just curious about some non mainsteam cartridges.

Yeah, I don't take offense to things on these forums. Having read them for the last several years there are some that do get rather offensive. Some people around here aren't very nice, some are downright mean spirit and I'd say evil people. Those comments don't apply to you though. Thanks for all the info.

500grains is on my ignore list for being who he is, which is not the type of person I like, want to be around, hear from or read anything he has to say, period.